OUR BLESSED MOTHER
Tour Schedule...Important Details Here.....Marian Hour Begins ....Additional Resources.....Additional points
Marian Hour of Prayer:
The Knights of Columbus has sponsored Marian Hour of Prayer programs since 1979. As part of this program the Order distributes pilgrim icons depicting the Blessed Virgin Mary under her various titles. The icon travels on a year-long journey from council to council in each of the Orderís jurisdictions throughout the world. These Marian icons serve as the focal point for prayer services held in council homes, churches or other locations.
This year two icons or Our Lady of Guadalupe will be touring the Raleigh Diocese and the Charlotte Diocese, beginning on Her Feast Day, December 12, 2011. To pave the way, we will have one icon at the Eucharistic Congress in Charlotte in late September and one at the Catholic Convocation in Raleigh in October. During the next two months we hope to contact Grand Knights of all councils in North Carolina to arrange exhibition, veneration, safe keeping and transfers of the icons.
Opening Hymn "Hail Holy Queen Enthroned Above"
Greeting and Opening Prayer
Liturgy of the Word
The Most Holy Rosary
Litany of the Blessed Virgin
These are outlined in the Prayer Program Booklet, which will accompany the icon. See the following link:
What your council can do:
Here are some suggestions to help your council in planning your councilís participation in the Our Lady of Guadalupe Marian Prayer Program:
1. Once you find out from your jurisdictionís Marian Prayer Program chairman when your council is scheduled to receive the image, consult your chaplain and/or pastor about the service and set a place for the prayer service to be held.
2. Find council members and clergy for the various parts of the program.
3. Representatives from your council should attend the service at the council from which you will receive the image and bring the image to your council.
4. Instruct the congregation to say the prayers at a
moderate pace to ensure the service is truly reverent.
5. If possible, the choir leader should go over the hymns with the congregation before the service.
6. Collect prayer books after the service to be sent along with the image to the next council.
7. No money should be collected nor should any social activity be held in conjunction with the service.
8. Your Grand Knight should record the councilís program in the logbook that accompanies the image before sending it on to the next council.
9. Additional copies of the prayer book and prayer cards used in the program can be ordered from the Supreme Council Supply Department:
Our Lady of Guadalupe Prayer Booklet #4963 $10 per 100 booklets
Our Lady of Guadalupe Holy Card #4753
The first 100 prayer cards are free. Cost is $3 per 100 after that.
Find out more about Our Lady of Guadalupe click here:
Council 10615, Monroe, NC
North Carolina Marian Hour Co-Chairs