Worthy Sir Knights & Brothers All,
Please congratulate and welcome the newest Sir Knights receiving the honors of the Fourth Degree on Saturday March 25, in Kernersville, NC. Forty-Four (44) new SK’s to include two (2) Priests and one (1) Deacon were Exemplified. The Honoree for the Exemplification was Sir Knight Thomas Zumbahlen, so when you see Tom, congratulate him for his many years of service to the Fourth Degree Team. There was a nice turnout of Observers and guests for a total of one hundred twenty (120) for the luncheon. Congratulations Brother Sir Knights and welcome – now your turn to bring a Brother Knight into the Fourth Degree!
Many thanks to Pope John Paul II Assembly 3017, Kernersville and Faithful Navigator SK Robert Yuzuik for all their help, a great job done by all. I would like to mention that the three (3) Assemblies in Forsyth County all got together to insure the success of the Exemplification. Fine thank you to FN SK Dan Stanley of Santa Maria Assembly 782 and FN SK Joe Michalski of Triad Assembly 2282 and Brother Sir Knights from both Assemblies for all their help. Many thanks to DD 11 SK Jean Dion for all his coordination efforts and assistance.
There were two (2) collections on Exemplification Saturday: first one at the Mass with Faithful Friar & SK Rev. William Lesak as the celebrant, netted $271.00 for the USO; second at the luncheon, “Passing of the Helmet” netted $700.00 for the Military Chaplain’s Fund. Thank you for your generosity.
The next Fourth Degree Exemplification will be on Saturday August 26, 2017 at St. Eugene’s Catholic Church in Asheville, NC. Plenty of time to start recruiting for this Degree to insure we start the new Fraternal Year with a large class of candidates. All forms for this Exemplification will be on the State website shortly and sent via e-mail to all the Faithful Navigators.
Brother Sir Knights, we continue to get written up for Sir Knights wearing WING TIP COLLAR shirts when wearing the tuxedo at a Fourth Degree Exemplification.
We were gigged for 2 Candidates and an Observer at the recent Exemplification. The Exemplification Dress Code Form explicitly states and is highlighted in yellow “NO wing tip shirts allowed”. Please advise all your candidates, when purchasing a tuxedo set, they are mindful of the required flat collared shirt. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
As an update:
- We are still working on a resolution of the coupons collection for our troops, will advise as soon as we receive further information,
- The State Advocate has been assigned by the State Deputy to look into the question of Assembly Insurance and will pass along the information as soon as we receive it. If your Assembly is planning an event on Church property and there is a question re: insurance, please contact the State Advocate JC Reiher for further assistance.
A reminder, the Military Chaplain’s Fund is still active until the end of the Fraternal Year. Our Faithful Friar is very passionate and supportive of this program, to insure our active military personnel have enough Catholic Priests to support them. Your support will help!
The NC State Convention is scheduled for the weekend of May 5,6 & 7 at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel, Durham, NC. The Memorial Mass for all Deceased Brother Knights will be held on Saturday at the Convention Center at 4:30 PM. The Raleigh Diocese Administrator, Msgr. Shugrue is tentatively set to be the Main Celebrant with SK Fr. William Lesak as Con-Celebrant. If you are planning to attend the State Convention, please bring your Regalia to participate in the Honor Guard for Mass. If you wish to attend the Mass and participate in the Honor Guard and are not a Delegate to the Convention, you are encouraged to attend.
It is now time for Assemblies to be thinking about Assembly Officers for the Fraternal Year 2017-18. As per the Fourth Degree By-Laws, the election must be held at the first regular meeting in May of each year. As soon as the elections are held, there are two (2) things the Faithful Navigator and the Faithful Comptroller must do:
- Go to the State website (www.kofcnc.org) under the 4th Degree section and fill out the Directory Form. There is some additional info. requested this year: meeting date and location and name of the FN wife – please be prepared.
- Go to the Supreme website (www.kofc.org) and complete Form 186 – Report of Assembly Officers chosen for the Fraternal Year 2017 – 18. It can be done online or download and do manually. Please send me a copy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Vice Supreme Master Robert Anderson (email@example.com).
Thank you for your help to insure we get all the correct information on all Assemblies posted on the website and the printed directory. Would very much like to see 100% participation ASAP so that the District Secretary and Marshals will not be hounding you for the information.
Other Forms and Due Dates:
- RSVP & Plaque Application: Form 2863A – 4/1 to 6/30 – submit to Supreme with copies to VSM and District Master.
- To Be A Patriot Award: Form TGP-1 – due by 4/30 – submit to the District Master only.
- Civic Award Application: Form 2321 – due by 6/30 – submit to Supreme with copies to VSM & District Master.
I have just been informed of the untimely passing of Anne Onofrio, wife of Former District Master and Past State Deputy David Onofrio. Anne was a most gracious “First Lady” during both of Dave’s tenures as SD and DM and she will be missed. Eternal Rest grant unto her O Lord….
Jo and I wish for all of you and your families a “Happy Easter” and please continue to pray for us all during this Lenten Season
REMEMBER: “Sir Knight” is an Honor – Not just a Title!
God Bless You, God Bless Our Church and God Bless America
SK Jack Murray, IPSD
State Deputy Colin Jorsch and DD’s Tom Kotz and Tim Walsh at the Charlotte Right to Life March. The Knights of Columbus SO’s were on each corner near the rally gathering, with a SK in Regalia and additional Knights with signs also assisting at each corner etc. a great turnout of support.