Download this month’s DD Compass using the links below:
Color | Black & White | Countdown to Convention
"We seek to make God known to others both in the work we do and in the educational and evangelizing initiatives we support, bringing the Good News of the Gospel to as many people as possible." Carl Anderson, Supreme Knight
- Ash Wednesday – Mar 1
- Catholic Men’s Conference (Charlotte) – Mar 4
- State Free Throw Competition (Burlington) - Mar 11
- Council Church Drive – Mar 11-12
- Knighthood (3rd) Degree – Newton Grove (7259) Spanish – Mar 12
- Program submissions due – Mar 15
- Matrix Form – Due – Mar 15
- NC State Per Capita – Due – Mar 15
- Family of the Month – Due – Mar 15
- State of the Year Nominations due - Mar 15
- Knighthood (3rd) Degree – Wilmington (1074) Mar 18
- Council Admission Degree Week – Mar 20-26
- Convention registration – Due - Mar 24
- Fourth Degree Exemplification (Kernersville) - Mar 25
- Council Outreach Week – Mar 27-Apr 2
- Are you on track to have five Admission (1st) Degree’s before June 30 in your District?
- Have you effectively communicated the Membership incentive for the next six months to all of your Councils?
- How many councils in your district recruited at least one new member this past month?
- What is your plan to assist councils in your district that are not membership active?
- What is your plan of action to assist councils in your district to achieve STAR Council?
April / May
- Necrology Report – Due – Apr 1
- Credentials – Due- Apr 1
- Grand Knight Annual Report – Due – Apr 1
- District Deputy Annual Report –Due - Apr 1
- Knighthood (3rd) Degree - Raleigh (9709) - Apr 8
- Convention Hotel Registration – Due – Apr 10
- Raffle Tickets – Due - Apr 15
- Family of the Month – Due – Apr 15
- EASTER – Apr 16
- 5th Sunday Rosary Program – Apr 29-30
- Council Officer Elections – May 1 thru June 15th
- NC State Convention – May 5-7
- Bishop Fund Check – Requested May 6
- Culture of Life Check – Requested May 6
- Columbian Award Report SP-7 – Requested May 6
- State Bocce Tournament Registration – Due – May 6
- Mother’s Day – May 14
- Family of the Month – Due – May 15
- Knighthood (3rd) Degree - Greensboro (13236) May 20
- State Bocce Tournament – May 20
Membership Spotlight – Fr. McGivney Guild
The Fr. Michael J. McGivney Guild serves as a source of information about the life, works and spirituality of Fr. McGivney. The Guild distributes informational materials about him, receives reports of favors granted through his intercession and oversees the distribution of relics. There are more than 162,000 members of the Fr. McGivney Guild. Those devoted to Fr. McGivney are encouraged to join the Guild and regularly say the prayer for his canonization. Prayer cards (#10115) are available through knightsgear.com.
“While conscious of the challenges you face, I encourage you to follow faithfully in the footsteps of your founders, and to stir into flame the charisms and apostolic zeal which you have inherited from them, confident that Christ will continue to work with you.”
- Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
Go Make a Difference