The 97th State Convention
- When: May 5-7, 2017
- Where: The Durham Sheraton Imperial
- Reservation Due Date: April 10th
- Phone: (800) 325-3535
- $115 convention rate (single or double occupancy)
- Convention Registration Due Dates:
- Convention Ad Form
- February 22nd – Early Bird pricing
- April 1st – Higher pricing
- 2017 Countdown to Convention
- Council Delegate Form
- Necrology Form
- 2016-17 Council Recognition Manual
- Convention Agenda
- FULL DETAILS
Register online using the link below to get the special rate of $115 single or double occupancy.
Or, Call the Sheraton Imperial in Durham at 1-800-325-3535 and mention the Convention to receive the special rate.
Deadline for reservations is April 10, 2017.
Download, fill out and return this registration form with payment:
There are 3 events that require the purchase of tickets.
- Awards Luncheon
- Convention Banquet
- Ladies Program
Below you must select the appropriate combination of tickets for yourself and any additional family or friends that will accompany you.
The following descriptions should assist in choosing the correct type and quantity of tickets you will require:
- Single Registration: includes 1 Banquet Ticket & 1 Awards Luncheon Ticket
- Couples Registration: includes 2 Banquet Tickets & 1 Awards Luncheon Ticket
- Ladies Program: includes 1 Paint & Sip event ticket
- Extra Banquet Tickets: includes 1 Banquet Ticket
- (required) Registration Fee: one time charge required for every registration
Friday, May 5, 2017
|8:30PM||Presentation of the State Family of the Year during Family Entertainment|
|9:00PM||Hospitality Room Open|
Saturday, May 6, 2017
|9:00AM-12:00PM||Ladies Program (Paint and Sip)|
|12:00PM||Lunch and Awards (Open to our Ladies, must purchase ticket)|
|10:00PM||Hospitality Room Open|
Sunday, May 7, 2015
|9:00AM||Ladies Program (White Elephant Exchange)|
|12:00PM||Safe Journey Home|
Join us in Durham for the 97th State Convention being held at the Sheraton Imperial the weekend of May 5-7, 2017. The councils of District 5 and 10 are honored and privileged to host this event. A fun filled weekend has been planned for all knights and family members. With easy access to Durham from the east or west, we are expecting a large turnout for this convention. We HIGHLY recommend making your hotel reservations and submitting your registration forms as soon as possible.
Important items to ensure a great weekend:
- All registrations MUST be received by APRIL 30, No registrations will be accepted after this date, including walk-ins the day of the convention. Be sure to complete any dietary restrictions or physical needs on the registration form.
- All attendees MUST register to attend the convention.
- Make hotel reservations at Sheraton Imperial in Durham by calling 1-800-325-3535 or by clicking here:
- Sheraton Imperial KofC2017 Rate
- Rate is $115.00 single or double occupancy. Mention Knights of Columbus convention to receive this rate. Deadline for reservations is April 10, 2017. The address for the hotel is:
- 4700 Emperor Blvd., I-40 at exit 282 (Page Rd), Durham, NC 27703
- The convention committee is putting together a program book to provide you with the information you will need for a memorable weekend. Councils and businesses are asked to submit advertisement for publishing. Information is included in this packet for ad space and cost. This year, we are offering an early bird special rate, which is a reduction off the regular rate if you submit your ad early. All ads must be submitted by April 1, 2017.
While we are hard at work during the convention, plans are in place to entertain our wives and loved ones. We want to make sure that all who attend have a pleasant weekend. The following events are planned:
- Friday evening: plans are still in process, as we are working through the approval process to secure a Military Jazz and Swing Band for a concert. Updates will be posted on the website as they become available.
- Saturday Ladies Program: the ladies will enjoy a Paint and Sip program on-site at the hotel in the Crystal Ballroom. This will take place in the morning from 9:30a till just before the start of the Knights Awards luncheon.
- Saturday Luncheon Options: There will be three options this year for lunch for the ladies:
- Best Option: Join your Knight at the awards luncheon and see all the hard work they have accomplished recently, and join in celebrating those successes. Extra luncheon tickets WILL NEED TO BE PURCHASED WHEN YOU REGISTER. (see registration for details)
- Better Option: Enjoy lunch at the hotel restaurant.
- Good Option: Go out with friends to enjoy lunch at one of the local dining places in the area.
- For children (6 years or older): we will be providing on-site programs for the those wanting to attend.
We look forward to seeing you all in May and enjoying all that Durham area has to offer.
Rick Lewis FDD, PFN