The 98th State Convention
When: May 4-6, 2018
Where: Hickory Convention Center
Convention Due Dates
- March 23th – Regular Price
- March 24th – April 27th – Increased Price
- There are 3 events that require the purchase of tickets.
- Awards Luncheon
- Convention Banquet
- Ladies Program
- Below you must select the appropriate combination of tickets for yourself and any additional family or friends that will accompany you.
- The following descriptions should assist in choosing the correct type and quantity of tickets you will require:
- Single Registration: includes 1 Banquet Ticket & 1 Awards Luncheon Ticket
- Couples Registration: includes 2 Banquet Tickets & 1 Awards Luncheon Ticket
- Ladies Program: includes Speaker
- Extra Banquet Tickets: includes 1 Banquet Ticket
- (required) Registration Fee: one time charge required for every registration
- February 22nd – Early Bird pricing
- April 1st – Higher pricing
Join us in Hickory for the 98th State Convention being held at the Hickory Convention Center the weekend of May 4-6, 2018. The councils of District 20 and 27 are honored and privileged to host this event. A fun filled weekend has been planned for all Knights and family members. With easy access to Hickory from the east or west, we are expecting a large turnout for this convention. We HIGHLY recommend making your hotel reservations and submitting your registration forms as soon as possible.
- All attendees MUST register to attend the convention. The registration form is included, or you can fill it out on the state web site, print and send in with your check. We also have online registering and an electronic pay option available for a small fee. Be sure to complete any dietary restrictions or physical needs on the registration form. All registrations MUST be received by APRIL 27, 2018.
- The convention committee is putting together a program book to provide you with the information you will need for a memorable weekend. Councils and businesses are asked to submit advertisement for publishing. Information is included in this packet for ad space and cost. This year, we are offering an early bird special rate, which is a reduction off the regular rate if you submit your ad early. All ads must be submitted by April 13, 2018.
Other deadlines will be published by the State Council on the Grand Knights Checklist listed on the state web site www.kofcnc.org.
Plans are in place to entertain our wives and loved ones while we are hard at work during the convention, we want to make sure that all who attend have a pleasant weekend. The following events are planned:
Friday evening Family Night
- The Magic & Comedy of Joe Mazzola – http://www.joemazzola.com
- KIKI’s Legacy Parrot Rescue and Adoption and Games
Saturday Ladies Program
- Speaker Program on Prayer and Spirituality -This will take place in the morning from 9:30am – 11:00am http://virginialieto.com
- Sunday at 9:30 AM the ladies will make tie baby blankets for the Women’s Shelter.
Saturday Luncheon Options; There will be TWO options this year for lunch for the ladies:
- Best Option: Join your Knight at the awards luncheon and see all the hard work they have accomplished recently, and join in celebrating those successes. Extra luncheon tickets WILL NEED TO BE PURCHASED WHEN YOU REGISTER. (See registration form for details)
- Good Option: Go out with friends to enjoy lunch at one of the local dining places in the area.
For children (6 years or older); we will be providing on-site Gem stone program and games for those wanting to attend.
As always, additional information is available on the State web site at www.kofcnc.org. We look forward to seeing you all in May and enjoying all that the Hickory area has to offer.
Richard Angell FDD, PFN, PGK